Business: Little Echidna Home
Location: Tenterfield, NSW
Glenda started Little Echidna Home to showcase timeless pieces which are part of our Australian nostalgic history and to bring these wonderful products, like waxed canvas and enamelware, back to life for use in every household every day. Beautifully designed, no plastic, practically unbreakable and so very beautiful and durable.
The Perfect Pink Mug
You'll find this gorgeous soft pink mug indispensable both at home and on the go. Great for taking with you camping (or glamping!), packing into your picnic bag as they're so lightweight, beautiful and durable. Plus they're a great option for kids dining at home!
They are dishwasher safe, but not to be used in the microwave.
Dimensions: 8cm h x 8.5cm w | weight 135g | capacity is 300ml each
Enamelware - Care instructions
We love enamelware because:
- The enamel surface is applied by hand. The design is then applied by hand and then re-fired.
- Minor surface imperfections and unfinished edges/rims are a normal result of the metalworking and the enameling process. These are not quality issues, it is the natural characteristics of enamelware and that’s what makes it special and unique.
Caring for your enamelware:
Do not use your enamelware in the microwave. Remember there is metal/steel under the enamel.
Do not scrub with abrasive materials on the enamel surfaces. Remove stains and burned-on grease with a soap-filled scouring pad or sponge.
- Use sharp-edged metal utensils with care to prevent scratching.
Do not allow enamelware to boil dry. It may damage the surface.
- If enamelware should be left empty on a hot burner or in a heated oven, switch off and allow to cool slightly before adding liquid.
- Enamel is very durable but it will chip if handled too roughly.
- Dishwasher safe (preferably on a light/glass cycle to keep the design bright and shiny). After dishwashing or hand washing, be sure to dry the underside of the rims to avoid any rusting.
- Avoid wire brushes, steel wool, scouring powders.
With proper care and love your enamelware should last for many enjoyable years to come. Beautiful and durable.